Monday, June 1, 2009

A little late to post...

So I was working on this project last weekend (as in the  one with Memorial Day), but hadn't had a chance to get my photos off of my camera yet! So this was just a little project I had been wanting to do for awhile, so got crafty & attacked it. 

I have been loving some of the ruffle stuff I've seen online, but loved the idea of making it more geometric. So I took a great linen I found & chopped it up for a fun addition to a little $7 target tank top. Didn't take long at all, and was incredibly easy. I ended up doing two layers of the ruffle in the end because the original layer just didn't have enough depth for me... :)

It felt incredible to bust out my sewing machine finally! Happy Memorial Day! 


2 comments:

  1. So excited to see your dress!

    And congrats on finally getting your sewing machine! HOW FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That actually isn't my dress or a new machine... ha ha... I figured out how to get my old machine to work, but it's old & only does minimal stuff... dress post is coming soon ;)

    ReplyDelete